Pages

Rusting

The last few weeks have been a little hectic - I was unwell, had a long weekend in Sydney and last Thursday was my birthday so I had celebrations for that. I have kept up with my painting however I have been remiss with my blog posting, I am sorry to say. So the next few days I will be posting a couple of posts to catch up, starting with the Rust Monster (or Oxidation Beast as Reaper call it)...

I really think this model is cute... though I would hate to come across it on the gaming table - rust monsters are mean. While it is sweet I thought a simple colour scheme of red rust would be a little boring so I decided to do something a little different.

I was aiming for the teal of verdigris (copper rust) on the highlights and I think I gave that feel to the highlights. The base was created with cork and a layer of find sand on the top to help rough it up. As for the weapon it is a Citidal High Elf sword that was laying about that my husband cut up and I roughed up with a file.

Overall I am very happy with how this model turned out. I know others who did not think it was a strong model in the Reaper Bones series but I really like him. Over the rust red I did a subtle brighter orange speckles but they dont show up very well. I probably should have made them a little stronger.

Check out how others did this model at Caffeine Forge


No comments:

Post a Comment