Pages

Painting Station and WIP

I have been feeling bad that I haven't posted anything in over a month, so I thought I would post this update. I haven't been well and this has meant I haven't been able to get much painting done. I also have had a small holiday with no painting supplies. However I do have a few things I am working on now, and I might even give you a sneak peak!

In the mean time I wanted to share my painting space, well, my husband's and my painting desk. The pictures aren't great and the whole thing is a mess which I am very slowly getting sorted. So I apologise for the mess.

I think my scribbling notes explain most things, if you can read them! This is just a corner in our study - where our computers are set up and we spend most of our free time.


Anyway, I hope that is something that interests people, and that it was informative. A few things I wanted to add to;

  1. The IPad for references and tutorials - generally I spend a lot of time reading tutorials for painting and I pin all the useful ones on a pinterest board so that I can easily find it on my IPad. Also when I am working on a new model that I am not sure about I look up what others have done. I never copy another person's work however it can be great to help me notice details in a model that I failed to see (especially with the Bones material). It can also be good to inspire me in colour schemes when I am really stuck.
  2. The Chessex Dice box - we love our Chessex dice and so we have a few of those Chessex dice boxes lying around. When I am working on a mini I blue-tack the model to the dice box and it allows me to pick up the model without touching it. I find the Chessex dice boxes a great size for my hands and very easy to work with. 
  3. My tea cup - on a sillier note, I love my tea and painting with a cup of tea is a favourite past-time. However I have to be extremely careful to not pick up the brush water instead or more likely, clean my brush in my tea!
Now as promised, here is a sneak peak at what I am working on... both of these are not finished! In fact, the troll has only had a base coat on it. However I wanted to show that I am painting again and should be posting normally as of next week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment