Pages

MOAR SPIDERS


Mini: Vermin: Spider Swarm
Manufacturer: Reaper Bones Series
Painted: 6th - 7th Jan 2014


For the most part I am happy with how these spiders turned out. They were hard to get decent pictures with my meager equipment. 

I honestly didn't spend a huge amount of time on these, it wasn't the easiest model to work with and I didn't feel it was a model that would get much attention anyway. 

Originally the green swarm was going to be a swarm of Black spiders. However I couldn't get the spiders to appear separate enough. So I decided to go with green instead.

Since I painted the spiders to match the swarms I thought I would share a collage of them all together so you can see them. More about painting the larger spiders here.





Colours Used - Brown & Red Swarm

Primer - None

Base Colours - V. G. X.Op Heavy Charcoal (72.155)

Main Colours

  • Dry Brush: (to distigush spiders) R. MSP. Brown Sand (09246)
  • Main Colours: 
    • R. MSP. Brown Sand (09246)
    • R. MSP. Clotted Red (09134)
    • R. MSP. Leather Brown (09030)
    • R. MSP. Woodstain Brown (09160) mixed with R. MSP. Muddy Soil (09244)
  • Wash: C. W. Badab Black



Colours Used - Green Swarm

Primer - None

Base Colours - V. G. X.Op Heavy Charcoal (72.155)

Main Colours

  • Dry Brush: (to distigush spiders) R. MSP. Olive Green (09084)
  • Main Colours: 
    • V. G. X.Op. Heavy Kakhi (72.149)
    • R. MSP. Olive Green (09084)
    • R. MSP. Christmas Wreath (09658)
    • V. G. X.Op. Heavy Green (72.146)
  • Wash: C. W. Badab Black

No comments:

Post a Comment